The Greater Manchester Coalition of Disabled People (GMCDP) has been commissioned by the Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham to establish a Disabled People’s Panel drawn from organisations across the Ten Boroughs of the City Region. The Panel will become an independent voice once fully established by the end of the first year. It will advise, consult, and propose to improve policy and the lives of disabled people across Greater Manchester.
How do you apply to be on the Panel?
Applications for organisations to apply to be on the panel are now open! You will need to complete an application form. It will need to be returned before 10 am on Tuesday 28th May 2019. If you need support to complete the form or have any questions, please contact Rick Burgess panel [at] gmcdp.com or telephone or text GMCDP on 07594 158 603. Please also pass this on to any organisation you think would be interested.
Email for an application pack to panel [at] gmcdp.com
Download an application form by clicking here.
And download the Panel Agreement Summary by clicking here.
There are a number of core values that we will use to decide which organisations will form the panel. These include:
- demonstrating a strong and regular commitment to the Panel’s work;
- actively practicing the Social Model of Disability;
- demonstrating you are engaged with your local community and represent disabled people’s views;
- the value your organisation can bring to the Panel;
- how are diverse groups represented in your organisation;
- your organisation being based in and focuses on one or more of the boroughs of Greater Manchester.
You don’t have to join the panel to influence it. You can opt to be kept informed and contribute but without the commitment to be on the Panel.
The first meeting of the panel is provisionally scheduled for Thursday 20th June 10am-3pm at the Millennium Windrush Centre M16 7WD. Please keep this date clear in your diaries.