Greater Manchester Mayor’s Disabled People’s Panel Lead
Salary: £31,100 (per annum, Pro rata)
Length of post: Currently, this is a fixed term post and will end on 31st March 2020
Hours: 21hours per week (to be worked flexible and to the needs of the Panel)
We believe that Greater Manchester is the first Combined Authority in the country to establish a formal partnership between Disabled People’s Organisations and the elected Mayor.
The Greater Manchester Mayor’s Disabled People’s Panel aims to strengthen the voice of disabled people and their organisations in shaping, challenging and influencing strategic policy issues that are important to disabled people across Greater Manchester.
Presently, there is a Working Group whose purpose is to formally establish this Panel. This working group is supported by the Greater Manchester Coalition of Disabled People who now want to recruit a lead to support the working group to do this.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the development of the Panel
- Have an extensive knowledge and experience of the Social Model of Disability
- Be aware of key Devolution and Greater Manchester initiatives and polices effecting disabled people
- Travel throughout Greater Manchester and have experience of outreaching and networking
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
Please note: the Job description and person specification have a more thorough description of the requirements the successful post holder will need to meet. If you would like an application pack, please contact GMCDP by
- Writing to Derek Broadbent, GMCDP, Unit 4, Windrush Millennium Centre, 70 Alexandra Road, Moss Side, Manchester M16 7WD.
- Telephoning us on 0161 636 7534 (voice or via type-talk)
- E-mailing us at derek [at] gmcdp.com
Please note the following important information:
- This post is only open to disabled people
- The post is subject to the relevant Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- CV’s will not be considered
Closing date for application is Monday 18th February 2019 at 12noon (Applications after time this will not be accepted)