- 1. Become a member
- 2. Why you should become a member
- 3. What you could give as a member
- 4. Member fee and donations
- 5. What your donation goes towards
Become a member today and support Greater Manchester Coalition of Disabled People, and strengthen the voice of disabled people in Greater Manchester.
GMCDP is a Disabled People’s Organisation, which is made up of 100% disabled people. We are a membership organisation, and the strength of the organisation is determined by the strength of our membership. The organisation is led by members who are elected onto the Executive Council, and staffed by a small team. It is essential to the organisation that our membership is strong, to ensure we are representative of disabled people in Greater Manchester, and that we are held accountable by a strong and diverse membership.
By joining GMCDP, you will be helping to support our vision, our mission, and be a part of our aims as an organisation. Your membership would be valued in itself as a huge support of both our organisation and the Disabled People’s Movement as a whole.
For those interested in becoming a more active member, there is plenty for you to get involved in. This could take the form of getting involved in our campaigns, submitting articles for our Coalition magazine, or joining our Executive Board. There are so many ways you can be involved, and we welcome our members to be as active as possible.
- Access to information
- Access to skills, knowledge and experience that you wouldn’t necessarily get anywhere else
- Access to support, and where appropriate, signposting
- Influence local and regional thinking and decision making
- Be informed, consulted and engaged
- Opportunities for networking and peer support through our membership meetings
- Be kept informed of policy developments which affect disabled people
- Opportunity to have your voice heard
- Opportunities to get involved through GMCDP core activities as well as projects
- Support GMCDP in its mission to: promote the independence and inclusion of disabled people in society; to identify and challenge the discrimination faced by disabled people in society today; and to encourage and support the self-organisation of disabled people
- Your support through your membership
- Your voice as a disabled person
- Your involvement in GMCDP activities such as campaigning or lobbying
- Promote our work and act as an advocate for GMCDP
- Be committed to effecting positive change through your support of GMCDP
- Signpost/notify GMCDP of disability-related events in your area
GMCDP is currently running a membership drive, and as such, we are waiving our usual membership fees. If you would, however, like to make a donation, we would greatly appreciate this.
Donations go towards covering the core costs of the organisation and enable us to carry out key pieces of work for the benefit of members. Some of these include the following:
- Meeting Access Requirements at events, sessions and workshops not funded by projects
- Producing the Coalition Magazine
- Providing information in accessible formats
- Enables us to run membership meetings/membership events